Interactive e-Books for Children
The workshop took place on Monday, June 24, 2013 at Sesame Workshop.
Many thanks to all attendees for their presence and contribution to the exiciting and interesting discussion along the day!!
Organized within IDC 2013 Conference (New York City, 24-27 June 2013) the workshop is going to bring together top researchers and practitioners working in the area of interactive e-books for children.
Possible topics include:
- Designing effective learning e-books
- E-books as complementary tools to other technologies
- Designing of gamification
- Designing for the abilities of children with special needs
- New approaches and other methods to address individual differences
- Applying theories to design and evaluation
- Best practices
- Evaluation and impact assessment
- Complying with regulations, guidelines and standards
Through a peer-to-peer review and a careful selection of submitted workshop papers, we aim to provide a suitable stage for discussion that will both push forward the state of the art and generate follow-up interest and ideas.
Position papers should be in ACM SIG Proceedings Format, must not exceed four pages, and should be emailed as a PDF file to idc2013-ebooks @ fbk.eu.
At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all participants must register for the workshop and for the conference.
For attending the workshop it is not necessary to have submitted a position paper. It is enough to register, using the specific registration code that you can get by emailing to the workshop organizers.